Developed from years of working with Dr. Andy Pruitt Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, BG FIT (Body Geometry Fit Integration Technology) is a comprehensive fitting system created to help cyclists like you ride faster, longer and in complete comfort, while reducing your chances of injury.
We use the system's latest motion capture technology to ensure a precise fit based on your exact measurements. We incorporate your athletic and cycling background, height, flexibility and physiology to determine specific vertical and horizontal coordinates to position the touch points of your bicycle. The great thing about the BG FIT is that we can provide a thorough, cutting-edge, expert fit in a short amount of time. Plus, if you're purchasing a new bicycle, you're getting the best in bike technology too.
Here are some specifics on what sets our Body Geometry Fittings apart:
The BG FIT process
- Pre-fit interview - Every fit, whether it's for a novice or experienced cyclist starts with a brief interview with our trained technician that addresses your needs, goals and physical condition.
- Flexibility assessment - This evaluation provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes, including assessment of foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, shoulder extension, hip flexion and leg length, among others.
- Side view - This is a spinal posture, proper leg extension and saddle comfort assessment using your side view on the bike. The goal is to find the correct relaxed neutral position that's both efficient and comfortable.
- Front view - Analysis from a front view to optimize hip, knee and foot alignment for long term joint health, optimum pedaling efficiency and balanced power delivery. This includes analysis of the pedal and shoe placement and how squarely you sit on the seat.
- Complimentary Follow-up - Recommended if there's any post fit adjustments after proof of position from testing the new position for a nominal amount of time/miles. New bike positions more effectively recruit muscles and will maximize a riders time on the bike. The resulting physiological changes can necessitate a revision of the fit as the riders fitness and flexibility improve. Follow up fits typically happen 3-6 months after initial fit depending on adaptation.
Benefits of our BG FIT fittings
- We're trained in muscle and skeletal anatomy related to the motion of cycling, common aches and pains associated with cycling, and the corrections necessary to address these issues.
- We assess your pedal stroke and can install footbeds and varus/valgus wedges to properly align your feet/knees/hips for maximum efficiency and comfort.
- We can help you ride longer, faster, happier, and healthier so you gain the get the most from your cycling.
- With our fitting experience, tools and equipment, we can recommend adjustments and products that solve even unique challenges in flexibility, comfort, injuries and power output.
Seats, gloves, shoes and more
Everyone’s body is unique and it’s impossible to perfectly fit every person with the same components. That’s why we offer a selection of after market seats, gloves and shoes that ensure the greatest comfort and complement your body and bike fit perfectly.
Seats have been developed with ergonomics and medical research information. They use custom shapes, cutaways and multi-density padding to eliminate pressure and maximize your comfort and pedaling efficiency. There are also performance cycling bib shorts and apparel for additional comfort.
Gloves feature a unique pad system that relieves pressure on the ulnar nerve for top comfort no matter how far you ride. We also offer multi-density grips and handlebar tapes that work together with the gloves to maximize your comfort.
Shoes use built-in ergonomic features like varus wedges, longitudinal arches, sized footbeds and metatarsal buttons for amazing pedaling efficiency and comfort.
If you'd like to learn more about our fittings and/or have us fit you with our Body Geometry Fit System, please contact us to schedule an appointment. We look forward to fitting you soon!
(813)839-0410 or firstname.lastname@example.org